Verse of the Day


Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thursday Thoughts

Today is the first day I have pulled out my school work but I am not resenting it. I have thoroughly enjoyed my first week off from school. Libby and I have had some great times doing nothing in particular. Today she woke up calling for her daddy. He was asleep and I had been awake for a few minutes, just a little after seven. I went upstairs but was surprised to see me, repeating her call for her daddy. I sat down to rock her but quickly had to take a bathroom break to which she declared she had to go as well. We went down the hall to her bathroom; I sat on the big potty thinking that she would sit on her pink potty. I know better to than assume, she waited for me to finish. Then as she went, she looked over at the bathtub and hinted that she would like to take a bath.

After her half hour long bath, we ate some breakfast bars and watched Curious George, her current favorite. I wasn't feeling well so we stayed in bed and watched MMCH and LE. This was more tv than usual and she was ready to play. Upstairs we went to play Yahtzee. I have been teaching her the names of what she rolls. Yesterday, she would yell, "The house is full!" her way of saying a full house. Today she seemed to be getting Large straights. I look at what she rolls, give her the dice and tell what she is trying to get. She rolled a 2,3,4,5 and 6. I counted those out to her but she said "Mommy, I only have five!" It was much better when she would get a 1,2,3,4 and 5 that made sense to her.

Then we ventured out to the play room where she proceeded to cook for me. I got her a little recipe box for Christmas that she gives me to pick out my food. First she asked me if I wanted meatloaf but we couldn't find our rectangle pan, must be at the other house. We did find her muffin pan so that is what we settled on. I asked for banana nut, she said she could do vanilla banana. OK. Next she asked if I wanted them all the same or different, in pretend you can do that, and since it didn't matter to me, I asked her what she wanted. Differnet. So next I said cranberry orange, trying to think of all the muffin mixes I have in the panty we possibly have made. She responded, cranberry applesauce. OK. I think she went on to something else and realized she really was hungry so went went downstairs to make eggs and toast for our second breakfast. This is usual when we are at home all day.

Next we worked some puzzles and read some books, when she got a paper cut. She cuddled up with me and fell asleep for an early nap. Her pattern is nap one day but not the next. Yesterday we went for a walk, ended up at Tim & Julie's to play with Peyton which turned up to dinner and her falling asleep on the couch around seven p.m. No nap yesterday so early one today, noon to two.

Bobby came home from work for their usual Daddy-Daughter Day. They took Cougar to get weighed, he is down a couple of pounds but a net +1. We are going to change his food to high calorie, evidently the senior food is low calorie. Oh, brother! Then they took him for a bath. Now they are at the gym working out. She loves to go with him and it is great for me to have some time. I have taken a hot bath, and then I came out to get the computer to do some work. Which is how I ended up here. Checking email and blogs. I have done some work but I left some things I need at school. I go back on Wednesday, the second for a teacher work day, so I will wait until then to finish up.

Hope your Christmas break is going well.

No comments: