Verse of the Day


Saturday, July 14, 2007

Cousins who play together, nap together



This is my niece, Macy. She is helping me prepare for my new job as a US History teacher -- we are working the 100 piece Presidents puzzle. She did a great job -- actually recognizing Abe Lincoln! Her father is a High School Gov't, Economics and World History teacher at Davidson Academy in Nashville, TN. (I, on the other hand, have taught math, reading and English at the middle school level so this will be a new challenge for me.) Kevin takes a trip to DC every year and I believe the first year he brought her a book about Honest Abe. She is a bright student, just graduating from Kindergarten.
Libby loves her cousin! They have such a good time playing with each other. They wear themselves out and won't stop until we make them. Here are some pictures of them sacked out in my parent's bedroom. I think they were watching Cinderella, much to Millacy's chagrin. She would prefer one of the newer Disney movies. We did take her to see Ratatouille and I highly recommend it! Libby is still not ready for the loud theater sound (which her daddy loves) but I will get it on DVD when it comes out for her.







No comments: