Verse of the Day


Saturday, July 14, 2007

Lunch with MaMa











Libby and I took my mom, Jenny, to lunch on Thursday, July 12th at Flag Fork Herb Farm. Have you been to this place? We love the comfort food (I had one of my bridal luncheons there with the Mohney ladies.) Every year they send me a free lunch for my birthday. I have had that green flyer on the fridge for awhile so by the time I made reservations I was down to a free dessert. I love quiche but usually they put things I don't like in there. Not today -- it was three cheese and ham so I ordered that with a linguine pasta salad that was to die for! All that to say that by the time dessert rolled around, I was stuffed. So being the wonderfully thoughtful wife that I am, I ordered Bobby the Key Lime Pie which he loves. Well, long story short, I forgot to bring it in from the car! What a bummer. What makes it even worse was that Bobby was at one of his clients doing work, Jean Farris Winery off of Old Richmond Road, and he being the thoughtful husband that he is, brought me a bottle of wine. That is when I remembered his pie -- several hours later in the hot car was not pretty! He appreciated the thought and so did I -- better luck next time!




No comments: