Verse of the Day


Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tuesday: Girls Night with a unexpected guest!

Granddaddy is out of town for a short business meeting and Caleb, Laura's boyfriend, is in St. Croix, the U.S. Virgin Islands for work for the next two months, so when Bobby called to say he had a meeting tonight at 6:30 (Libby's favorite time) I called them to arrange a Girls Night out to dinner. Neither would pick a place, so I chose Libby's fav, Applebee's (we've been there one time!) After school, I called Bobby on the way to get Libby from my mom's to check on his day. A couple of things have happened, he says.
Good, bad or ugly? I say.
1. He took someone to look at our house, which isn't even on the market yet. GREAT! Please pray that God would just work all this out, who He has for tHis house, the timing, the Adam/Katie thing, every little detail. With school taking up more than it's share of my mental capacity, I can't think about the house situation. But He can and He wants to lift that burden from me, and the school thing too if I would just let Him, at which I am doing better!
2. His meeting got cancelled! So he crashed our girls night but that's okay, we just made it family night instead. Gracias to Kim for picking up the tab! She said that was Bob's contribution since he couldn't be with us; he was having dinner at the Oyster Bar, which is hilarious because for our Christmas dinner, Kim & Caleb made this oyster dish that made Bob and the rest of us cringe!

Libby started her new semester of music class today, God's Wonderful World. She has been doing Musikgarten since she was about six months old. She just sings all the time, loves playing her musical instruments. My mom takes her and they have made lots of new friends: Sam, Grace, Sara, Gigi, and a new little boy who just started today. Afterwards, they go outside and play on the church playground. Today was rather windy but still unseasonably warm.

Tomorrow we start back to Bible Study Fellowship. I look forward to seeing everyone and getting back into the book of Matthew. We have been studying since the middle of September and are up to chapter twelve. One of my co-workers may join me for guest day this week. We were talking about how life has gotten so complicated. Jesus made things so simple. Love God, love others. That's the goal. I need to remind myself of that more often.

My mind is drifting as I listen to the rain on the skylight. One thing I enjoy is falling asleep to the rain so I will call it a night. k

1 comment:

Stefan and Sharon Kern said...

Hi Kristina! That is really neat that you are doing BSF. I hear so many wonderful things about it! S.