Verse of the Day


Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Up early this morning

Libby woke up early this morning crying and I haven't gone back to sleep. Rather than lay (I never know lie/lay/etc.) there, I got up and took The Living Bible and The Message to read. I have been reviewing Matthew for BSF Share Day tomorrow. A few things struck me in Matthew 12: There's nothing done or said that can't be forgiven.

That is a powerful statement Jesus made.

It's your heart, not the dictionary, that gives meaning to your words. ... Words are powerful; take them seriously.

So if you read my previous blog, you know He has been speaking to me about this. Just yesterday I said something without thinking and it got me into trouble. When will I learn? Sorry I can't give you verses on these two Scriptures, my Message translation doesn't give specifics. So I thought that was enough until I opened my Living Bible and read my Psalm for the Day.

Help me, Lord, to keep my mouth shut and my lips sealed. Psalm 141:3

Hello! There's my prayer. I am going to commit this verse translation to memory!

Tonight is Libby's preschool performance. She has been singing her songs at home and I pray she enjoys being on stage as much as she does pretending at home that she's on stage. Her two songs are "May There Always Be Sunshine" and "I Will Take God's Promises and Hide Them in my Heart" both with hand motions. My camera does have video but not sound. Mom's has both so we shall see if she can record tonight. Then I will have to learn how to download; Mel and Shannon, when are you holding a seminar on this?

1 comment:

Shannon Sampson said...

once you have the video, I can talk you through the steps to upload it! I only know how to do short segments (like under 1 minute)... looks like Mel can do longer video.

You've been deep these past few entries! We were up in the night last night, too, from about 3:30-5. I went back to sleep, though :)